This is a peek into our chaotic, crazy, boring, busy lives.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Fruit of my not so fruitful womb..

So around 8 weeks into my pregnancy with (baby bird) my pet name for Phoenix, I began the awesome road to morning sickness!! I was sick ALL day long. The first time I had picked up food from Ruby Tuesdays and we ate and went to lay down and watch a Gordan Ramsey show (we love Gordan Ramsey!). I jumped up as fast as I could and ran to the bathroom where I tossed my cookies uncontrollably... And then I was totally fine like nothing happened. I told Chris what happened and he just said "thats morning sickness babe.." How amazing those first weeks of being so sick felt. It meant our baby was doing something right, we were on our way. Now Im not going to lie by week 11 of throwing up at stop lights, in work trash cans, etc.. I was over it. I didn't think I would ever feel better. Then the day after we hit the 12 week mark it was over... Completely like it never happened. So we were on our merry way again. I was eating whatever I wanted, (I mean isn't that what you are supposed to do?) It was mostly barbeque, pizza and strawberry delights cereal. and much to my shock sweet tea.. I have ALWAYS been an unsweet tea drinker. I hate sweet drinks. Unsweet tea obviously was not baby birds "cup of tea" so I actually started drinking sweet and loved it! lol Chris planned a trip 1200 miles away to visit his family, a road trip to be exact. Talk about a great plan. Lets take our 5 month pregnant wife in a car for 1200 miles.. It was grueling, but I do believe if we made it through that we could make it through anything! It was an awesome trip seeing his family right around the holidays and sharing our unborn baby with them. It was really neat. Then we had to drive 1200!! miles back home. I will never go on a road trip like that pregnant again! Baby bird slept most of the way which freaked me out! She seemed to have liked it though. Right before we left it was time to find out what we were having! I knew from the beginning that she was a she. I had always wanted to have a bunch of sons, but I knew I was going to have a little pink surprise. The night before Chris said "Its going to be a boy" so matter of factly I almost believed him... As soon as the ultrasound tech said "do you see those 3 lines" I knew! I squealed, its a GIRL!! Like I had dreamed of having a girl forever.. hehe Everyone in our family wanted a girl sooo bad! She is the first girl in 20 something years in both of our families and the 1st great grand daughter. Next up was my glucose test.. I failed the first one miserably. I never worried about gestational diabetes, I always thought my blood pressure would be my pregnancy downfall. (it was low my entire pregnancy!! lol) So the 3 hour test comes and I fail it just as bad. I cried so much, I felt like I had put my baby in danger some how. I was so upset, but went to the diabetic center and learned all about how I needed to eat and check my blood sugar. I was pretty diligent especially up until the end. I checked my blood sugar like crazy and ate really well. I ended up losing 20 lbs, and lets be honest, I could spare it, and how awesome to weigh less than when you got pregnant 9 months in! It was a blessing in disguise. Everything went really well for the 9 months. She moved all the time and it was pretty much smooth sailing. By 38 weeks we started talking about inducing. My Dr. didn't want me to go to far, making her quite large due to the diabetes. So I was to go one more week and talk about it on my weekly appointment on Thursday, April 28th. Everyone knows what happened April 27th in Alabama. The awful tornadoes that I was in the middle of, because I didnt want to stay at home by myself just in case something terrible did happen. I trust James Spann and when he says to put your bicycle helmet on you better believe I do! So I was at the Police Dept when it hit, and afterward with all the chaos, being stuck there, Chris' truck being totaled in the storm while he was at work, I started having horrible non stop contractions. I stayed near the fire fighters just in case somebody was going to be delivering Phoenix right there. It would have been near impossible to get to the overcrowded undermanned war zone of a hospital anyway. So finally we got to leave late that night and stayed at my mom's house with no power, and the contractions eased up when I layed down. The next day my mom and I go to the Dr and find out that baby bird supposedly weighs 7.8 lbs and we will be induced the next Sunday night! Ofcourse this should be a joyious time, but our whole city is in turmoil and my husband is a Civil servant, not to mention his military unit was also deployed here. So it was his duty to do all that he could, and I had to come second. Which I knew marrying someone in his line of work, its not always fair but its my job as his wife to be understanding and support him at home. Honestly after the tornado I didn't know when I would see him again with all the hours they were working. However the Police Dept was very understanding and he was able to go to the hospital with me Sunday night May 8th, Mothers day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment